TRIO Student Support Services
Our Mission and How We Help
“The TRIO Student Support Services Program (SSS) at UACCB empowers first-generation college students, low-income students, and students with disabilities to explore and engage with their educational and personal goals. It offers comprehensive academic and personal support designed to assist with persistence to graduation and career progression.”
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a program funded 100% by the US Department of Education designed to promote retention and academic success in college. SSS provides participants with academic and support services in a caring environment that seeks to ensure their successful completion of a degree at UACCB.
Joining the Program
Click here for the Student Application - PDF. Once complete, please bring your application materials to the office in the Main Classroom Building (MCB), room 230.
Support Services are FREE to all TRIO SSS participants and include:
- Academic Advising
- Career Development
- One-on-One Tutoring
- 24/7 Online Tutoring
- Transfer Advising/ Trips
- Equipment Check-Out
- Cultural Events
- Summer Scholarships
- Financial Literacy
- Computer Lab
Why Choose TRIO SSS?
What makes TRIO SSS unique? With other services offered at UACCB why should a student choose to participate in TRIO?
- One-on-one personal tutoring, not drop-in
- Open door policy for all advisors - Come in to chat, ask questions, or discuss issues at any time. Exceptions may apply during peak registration.
- Transfer Assistance including trips, meeting with transfer reps, help with applications, etc.
- Technology Check Out - Participants can check out laptops, graphing calculators and digital voice recorders during the semester. iPads are available to use in the TRIO Computer Lab.
- Student Conference - Each year, TRIO SSS hosts a one-day series of workshops designed to meet student needs.
- Cultural Events - Each semester participants have the opportunity to attend a unique cultural event planned and sponsored by TRIO SSS. These events are designed to broaden the horizons of UACCB students.
- Scholarships - Each spring semester, participants enrolled in a summer course who meet all of their TRIO SSS responsibilities are eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship from TRIO SSS.
You are qualified to participate:
- Low Income, or
- First Generation College Student, or
- Documented learning and/or physical disability
- Be a US citizen or national of the US
- Possess the potential and motivation for college success
- Demonstrate an academic need for support
TRIO SSS Student Responsibilities - As part of participating in TRIO SSS, participants are expected to do the following each semester:
- Meet with their TRIO Advisor twice
- Maintain good standing with TRIO tutoring
- Attend at least 1 workshop, cultural event, and/or transfer trip each semester
- Attend one Financial Literacy Workshop
Student Support Services is a grant program funded 100 % by the U.S. Department of Education whose mission is to advance and defend the ideal of equal educational opportunity by helping disadvantaged students overcome economic, social, academic, and cultural barriers to higher education.
Meet the TRIO Student Support Services team! We are here to help. The TRIO SSS office is located on the UACCB Campus in the Main Classroom Building, Room 230. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Call directly at 870-612-2173.
Director of TRIO Student Support Services
Office: MCB 230 A
TRIO SSS Personal Development Coach / Transfer Liaison
Office: MCB 230 D
TRIO SSS Academic Support Coach
Office: MCB 230 B
Office Manager for Student Support Services
Office: MCB 230