HESI Entrance Exam Overview
Total test time allowed: 4 hours 5 minutes; estimated time for each part is listed below.
- Reading Comprehension - Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc. - 60 minutes
Grammar - Contains basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc. - 50 minutes
Critical Thinking Skills: 30 minutes
- Basic Math Skills - Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc. - 50 minutes
- Anatomy and Physiology - Provides coverage of general terminology and anatomical structures and systems. - 25 minutes
- Learning Style and Personality Profile - Assesses preferred learning style and personality related to learning style. - 30 minutes
Elsevier Official Study Guide: HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review 2021, 5th edition. ISBN: 978-0323-582-261
Testing Location: Main Classroom Building at UACCB
Allotted Time to Complete Exam: 4 hours 5 minutes.
2022 exam cost: $54 Payable at the Testing Center in person or by phone.
- 870-612-2110 or email Testing@uaccb.edu for information
- After you submit your application to the nursing program, you will receive information on how to sign up for the HESI. This will come to you in an email.
HESI testing dates:
April 26 - May 10, 2022 For applicants to the PN and RN Pre-Licensure programs.
July dates not set yet. For applicants to the LPN to RN program. Must have a LPN license before beginning the program.
To request accommodations on your HESI exam, advance notice of ten working days prior to your exam may be needed.
Office: NAH 944
Office: NAH 935
Office: NAH 934
Office: NAH 936