HESI Entrance Exam Overview and Test Dates
Total test time allowed: 4 hours 5 minutes; estimated time for each part is listed below.
- Reading Comprehension - Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc. - 60 minutes
Grammar - Contains basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc. - 50 minutes
Critical Thinking Skills: 30 minutes
- Basic Math Skills - Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc. - 50 minutes
- Anatomy and Physiology - Provides coverage of general terminology and anatomical structures and systems. - 25 minutes
- Learning Style and Personality Profile - Assesses preferred learning style and personality related to learning style. - 30 minutes
Elsevier Official Study Guide: HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review 2021, 5th edition. ISBN: 978-0323-582-261
Instructions for Signing Up for HESI
Before the day of your test NOTE: Please wait until July 13th to sign up on Evolve and ProctorU. Tests are not available until then.
1. Complete the admission process to UACCB.Complete an application to the Nursing Department.
Choose "I'm a student", at top right, "Sign In" - Create Account and fill in the required fields.
Submit and Continue. Write down the username it gives you and your password.
Click on "Catalog" at the top right. Under HESI Secured Exams, click on Register for Results & Remediation.
You should see HESI Registration for $0.00
Click on Register. "Update your account" using information below or go to Account at top right, Account Settings, and enter the information.
For PN choose "licensed practical/vocational nursing"
For RN choose "nursing-associate degree " (ADN)
My institution city - Batesville
Institutional name - UNIV OF ARKANSAS CC BATESVILLE
Year of graduation - 2022
Student ID - not needed
The Testing Center is available to help you create an Evolve account, Register for HESI online, and complete the tutorial online.
- Email Ms. Hooper Jerrie.Hooper@uaccb.edu your name, Evolve username, password, and email associated with the account.
3. Check your computer's compatibility
After creating your account, go to https://www.hesiinet.elsevier.com
Choose "Compatibility Check for Labs" link. Follow the instructions.
Follow the instructions to allow popups and redirects. Close this system check window once compatibility passes.
- Check your computer’s compatibility for ProctorU and HESI. There is a “help” number for ProctorU to call if you need assistance.
- A few days before your test, pay the $51 exam fee by calling the UACCB cashier: 870-612-2005. The cashier will notify the nursing department that you have paid.
- If you do not have compatible computer equipment, contact the nursing department or UACCB testing staff ASAP. Testing Center: 870-612-2110 or email email@example.com
- Know your Evolve username and password which your proctor will prompt you to enter.
- Have a working webcam, microphone, and a strong internet connection.
- Be in a private room.
- Have a government issued PHOTO ID to show your ProctorU proctor.
- Have blank scratch paper and pencils for the test.
- No food, cell phones, calculators, books, pens, Fitbit, Smartwatches, etc. are allowed during the test.
- Login to your ProctorU account.
- Wait for instructions to begin the exam. Your proctor will use a password to access the test.
- Review the ProctorU website for “what to expect” before your test. Do not choose “Submit and Pause/Leave Exam” unless you are taking a brief break between test sections or an emergency requires you to leave.
- If for any reason you are disconnected from the test, work with your ProctorU proctor to reconnect or determine why. There is a “help” number on the ProctorU website.
Testing Location: ProctorU online with a live proctor. Sessions are also recorded.
Allotted Time to Complete Exam: 4 hours 5 minutes.
Cost: $51 Call: 870-612-2005 cashier's window
- Testing Center, Main Classroom Building, Room 224, for those without required technology, by reservation.
- 870-612-2110 or email Testing@uaccb.edu
Applicants must submit a completed application to the Nursing and Allied Health Department before signing up for their HESI date through ProctorU.
HESI testing dates:
April 29 – May 16, 2021 For applicants to the PN and RN Pre-Licensure programs. (May 17 is reserved for emergencies only by permission.)
July 13 – July 23, 2021 For applicants to the LPN to RN program. Must have a LPN license before beginning the program.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Tests will be available after July 12 to add to your Evolve account and to sign up for a test time in ProctorU.
Check your email for additional information. We apologize for the delay.
Office: NAH 944
Office: NAH 935
Office: NAH 934
Office: NAH 936