Director of Workforce and Career Services (Full-time; Faculty)
The University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville seeks applicants for the Director of Workforce and Career Services. The Director of Workforce and Career Services will commit to supporting community college teaching and student success; engaging area employers and assisting with their workforce development needs; and, serving as a catalyst for economic development through workforce development for the region. A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Higher education teaching experience and/or industry work experience is preferred. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Represent the college at various meetings ranging from chambers of commerce, economic development, jurisdictional organizations, educational organizations, and development partnerships.
- Identify workforce development partnerships.
- Identify, develop, and foster workforce development funding opportunities.
- Coordinate workforce education and training courses and programs.
- Assign, supervise, and evaluate instructors in the development and delivery of workforce training programs.
- Provide academic and career guidance to students regarding career and technical program requirements and associated career opportunities.
- Assess community needs based on input from students, professional associations, and industry professionals to develop or revise programs; organize and confirm all new course work with relevant state agencies and boards.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs to ensure customer satisfaction, program quality, and regulatory compliance.
- Administer, score, and interpret career assessments to help students in their career and education planning.
- Assist students in connecting to employers through campus interviews, job listings, and maintaining the online Career Coach website with employer information, student resumes, and student worker job postings, and more.
- Coordinate the annual career fair.
- Attend professional conferences, state agency meetings, and job fairs as required.
- Work with other educational institutions, creating MOU’s and developing partnering opportunities.
- Conduct public presentations to make the service-area business community aware of programs and opportunities available through UACCB.
- Participate in professional development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars.
- Teach a total of twelve credit hours per academic year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $48,480 plus benefits
Along with an electronic application, be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume, references and copies of transcripts. Applicants are subject to criminal background checks. UACCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Initial review of applications will begin December 1, 2020 and the position is open until filled.
UACCB Online Employment Application - Please note this electronic application should only be submitted if you wish to apply for a current open position advertised. If there are no positions posted, the application will not work. We do not accept unsolicited applications.
UACCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Human Resources Department