simulation/Skills Lab Coordinator
The University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville seeks a full-time Simulation/Skills Lab Coordinator for the nursing and allied health programs. The position requires coordination and oversight of high fidelity simulation equipment and new skills throughout the LPN, RN, and Paramedic programs; professional development activities; campus and departmental committee membership; and adherence to on-campus office hour requirements. Some in-state travel may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of science in nursing degree; unencumbered Arkansas registered nurse license; strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a faculty team; and proficient in Microsoft Office, use of the Internet, course management systems, and computerized assessments.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters of science in nursing; a strong educational technology background; and creative and imaginative development of simulation and skills proficiency scenarios.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Consulting with nursing faculty and Division Chair regarding student simulated learning needs
· Being on time for all scheduled simulated learning activities
· Maintaining professionalism inside and outside of the simulated learning environment
· Creating a simulated learning environment that promotes critical thinking
· Selecting and maintaining appropriate simulated learning environments under direction of full-time faculty
· Ensuring safe use of storage of simulated learning supplies, equipment, and mannequins
· Inventory and ordering of needed simulated learning supplies, equipment, and mannequins
· Using appropriate evaluation and measuring techniques regarding teaching effectiveness and student performance
· Remaining current with trends in nursing education and nursing in general
· Competently use Blackboard for method of communicating with students outside of the classroom/laboratory
· Maintaining expertise by participating in professional development
· Demonstrating and encouraging high standards of nursing practice
· Maintaining accurate student records
· Being part of a team faculty approach to teaching
· Keeping equipment and resources up-to-date
· Teaching students/faculty skills competencies to ensure consistency
· Attending nursing faculty meetings
To Apply: Please submit, along with an application, a letter of application (cover letter), resume, at least 3 professional references and copies of all college transcripts. Applicants may complete an electronic application and upload all requested items at https://hrapp.uaccb.edu. If necessary, application documents may be mailed to: UACCB, Human Resources, P.O. Box 3350, Batesville, AR 72503. UACCB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Initial review of applications will begin February 2, 2018. The position is open until filled. A criminal background check will be performed.