Admissions Counselor (Full-time;Non-Classified)
The University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville seeks an Admissions Counselor. The new Admissions Counselor will be an important part of an exciting Admissions team that provides strategic direction and leadership for the planning, administration, and management of all aspects of UACCB’s campus-wide student recruitment and admissions programs.
This Admissions Counselor position would be funded temporarily with federal funds. A future determination will be made to institutionalize this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts regular visits to targeted high schools recruiting prospective students
• Represents UACCB at college and career days and fairs
• Presents programs targeted at the recruitment of returning adult students
• Processes documents for prospective students
• Assists with the training and supervision of student ambassadors
• Maintains regular contact with high school counselors
• Provides admissions and career counseling to prospective students
• Assists with the coordination of UACCB preview days, conducts campus tours, and performs any aspect of the recruitment and admission of new
and returning students
• This position also requires attendance at various evening recruitment-related activities and events. Some limited overnight travel is required for recruitment
and training events and programs
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; the ability to communicate effectively in writing and in public presentation settings; self-starter; highly motivated to recruit both traditional and non-traditional-aged students; and knowledge of and/or experience working with a comprehensive, multifaceted information system. Some travel will be mandatory; therefore, applicants must be able to qualify to drive on state business.
• One to two years of experience in a direct college admissions role
• Experience with Colleague or similar student information system
Salary: $30,900 to $31,200 based on level of degree and experience
Along with an electronic application, be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts (three separate files). Applicants are subject to criminal background checks. UACCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Initial review of applications will begin April 1, 2021.
Congratulations on your decision to apply to UACCB! You’ll need the following to complete the application:
Social Security Number
- High school or GED center attended, including location and dates attended
- College(s) attended , including location and dates attended
ALL students must submit high school transcripts, college transcripts, immunization records, and placement scores to be admitted to the University and/or receive financial aid consideration.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The UACCB Federal School Code is 014042.
UACCB Online Employment Application - Please note this electronic application should only be submitted if you wish to apply for a current open position advertised. If there are no positions posted, the application will not work. We do not accept unsolicited applications.
UACCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Human Resources Department