Academic Advising Center
The Advising Center is located in MCB 229 and is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm and evening appointments are available by request. All students must meet with their assigned advisors each semester to have their advising holds lifted. Please stop by or call 870-612-2160 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are recommended, not required.
Advising Mission Statement
At UACCB, academic advising is a teaching and learning experience in which the advisor and student work together toward the development and completion of the student's academic goals.
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding UACCB policies, procedures and educational requirements.
- Teach students how to use campus technology including WebAdvisor and campus email.
- Advise on the selection of appropriate courses and other educational experiences.
- Reinforce student role and responsibility in achieving goals.
- Be knowledgeable about and make appropriate referrals to campus and community resources.
- Continuously evaluate and monitor student academic progress.
- Discuss and clarify educational, career and life goals and assist students in developing plans to meet those goals.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Develop an educational plan based on assessment of abilities, interests and values.
- Use campus and community resources as needed to meet educational and life goals.
- Assume responsibility for meeting academic program requirements.
- Comfortably self-register for classes, create a degree plan, check campus email and use WebAdvisor regularly.