Every academic year each student MUST COMPLETE the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for any type of federal grant.

Federal Pell Grant

What is a Federal Pell Grant?

A Federal Pell Grant is awarded to help Undergraduate students pay for their education after high school. For the Federal Pell Grant Program, an undergraduate is one who has not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. These Grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid for many students to which aid from other federal sources may be added. Unlike loans grants do not have to be repaid.

How much can I receive from a Federal Pell Grant?

The amount awarded will depend not only on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), but on the cost of education, enrollment status, and whether or not attendance is for a full academic year or less. Review the Pell Grant payment schedule by clicking on the appropriate Pell Grant Chart.

Can I receive a Federal Pell Grant if I am enrolled less than half time?

Yes, if you are otherwise eligible. You will not receive as much as if you were full time, but your school must disburse your Pell Grant funds in accordance with your enrollment status and cannot refuse to award you simply because you are enrolled less than half time.


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

What is FSEOG?

This is a grant intended to supplement other aid received. These grants are federally funded with each school receiving a fixed amount each year. Therefore, funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. A FSEOG does not have to be repaid.

How much can I get from a FSEOG?

FSEOG grants at UACCB may range from $200 to $400 per academic year depending on the availability of funds.

State Grants

The state of Arkansas provides several grants and scholarships. State financial aid includes the Go Grant, Governor's Scholarship, Arkansas Academic Challenge, MIA/KIA Dependant's Scholarship, Law Officers Dependant's Scholarship, and Emergency Secondary Educational Loan Program. For information on these programs call 1-800-54-STUDY.