The Roy Row, Sr., and Imogene Row Johns Library gratefully accepts any gift materials and monetary donations. However, the Library accepts the gifts if the following criteria are met:
- the library is not obligated to retain any gifts which fail to meet its selection criteria;
- the library has the right to discard any gifts in poor physical condition (e.g. brittle paper, water or mildew damage, underlining in the text, torn or missing pages);
- the library has the right to offer to another agency any gifts which duplicate materials already in the collection;
- the library is not obligated to retain issues of gift periodical subscriptions that are of limited interest or are not indexed in any standard source;
- the library has the right to determine inclusion in the reference or circulating collections;
- the library cannot make a commitment to keep any collection or group of books on shelves apart from other books in the library--the library by necessity reserves the right to shelve gifts with other library materials;
- the library has the right to remove the gift from the collection when warranted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library Director.