University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville is a member of the Interstate Passport Network, which provides a program for block transfer of lower-division general education based on learning outcomes in nine areas:
- Foundational Skills: oral communication, written communication, quantitative literacy
- Knowledge of Concepts: natural sciences, human cultures, creative expression, human society and the individual
- Crosscutting Skills: critical thinking and teamwork/value systems.
Each Network member institution has its own Passport Block—a menu of lower-division general education courses and learning experiences by which a student can earn the Passport. Students who complete UACCB's Passport Block with a minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent in each course or learning experience will be awarded the Passport Lower-Division General Education by our institution. Those students who later transfer with a Passport to another Network-member institution will have their learning recognized; they will not have to repeat or take additional courses to satisfy lower-division general education requirements in the Passport’s nine areas.
For students the Interstate Passport program offers:
- An early milestone on the way to a credential.
- Advance knowledge that lower-division general education learning in the Interstate Passport’s nine areas will be recognized upon transfer to another Network member institution.
- The potential for faster time to degree, lower cost, less debt, and lower foregone earnings from unduplicated learning.
- A streamlined transfer process and a greater likelihood of successful transfer and completion.
For more information about the Interstate Passport, including a list of Network member institutions, see www.wiche.edu/passport.