Red Cross Blood Drive - NAH
You can make a difference in someone’s life by donating blood to the American Red Cross on Wednesday, June 25 from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the lobby of the Nursing and Allied Health Building.
General guidelines for blood donation
- Be in good general health and feeling well.
- Be at least 17-years-old.
- Weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
· Blood donation is a safe and simple procedure, and gives you the great feeling of having saved up to 3 lives.
· The whole process takes around an hour, but the actual donation only takes about 8-10 minutes.
· Drink plenty of water so you’re hydrated before donating.
· Have a healthy meal before you donate – and try to avoid fatty foods.
· Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
· Bring a valid form of identification with you (driver’s license or another form of ID that verifies your age)
· If you live in a state that allows you to donate at 16, bring your signed parental consent form with you to your appointment.
· If you are taking any medication, bring a list of those with you.
· If you are not feeling well on the day of your donation, please contact us to reschedule.
To learn more about donating to the American Red Cross go to http://www.redcross.org/blood.