Career and Disability Services
Career and Disability Services is for all UACCB students whether they have just begun their degree plan or they have only one class left to complete before graduation. Our program provides services and resources to assist students in all phases of the career planning process. If you are undecided about your college major or career goals, seeking information about an occupation, need help writing a resume or preparing for a job interview, or looking for a part-time or full-time job, then we are here to help!
Office: Main classroom Building, Room 233B
Phone: (870) 612-2048
Our Career and Disability Service office is dedicated to addressing the needs of students in their individual paths to personal and career success.
The Career and Disability Service office is responsible for three main services offered in the Institution. These include Counseling Services, Career Services, and Disability Services. The primary mission for each of these areas is defined below:
Disability Support Services ensure equal access for students with disabilities to all curricular and co-curricular opportunities offered by the institution. Specifically, Career and Disability Services work diligently to:
- Ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities receive reasonable and appropriate accommodations so as to have equal access to all institutional programs and services regardless of the type and extent of the disability
- Inform the campus community of the availability of equipment and technology helpful to those with disabilities and identification of key individuals within the institution who can provide services to students with disabilities
- Define and describe the procedures for obtaining services and accommodations
- Advocate for equal access, accommodations, and respect for students with disabilities within the campus community
Career Services assist students through all phases of their career development. Specifically, Career and Disability Services work diligently to assist students in the:
- Development of self-knowledge related to career choice and work performance by identifying, assessing, and understanding their competencies, interests, values, and personal characteristics
- Acquisition of educational and occupational information to aid career and educational planning and to develop an understanding of the world of work
- Selection of suitable academic programs and experiential opportunities that enhance future educational and employment options
- Development of job-search competencies, future educational and employment plans, and career decisions
- Preparation for finding suitable employment by developing job-search skills and an understanding of the fit between their competencies and both occupational and job requirements
- Search for desired employment opportunities or appropriate educational programs
Counseling Services assist students in defining and accomplishing personal, academic, and career goals. Specifically, Career and Disability Services work diligently to:
- Provides personal counseling referrals to students who may be experiencing difficulties
- Focus on the developmental needs of college students to maximize the potential to benefit from the academic environment and experience
UACCB is committed to the elimination of all discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. The College seeks to comply with all federal, state, and local statutes, regulations, and orders, including those that promote equal protection and equal opportunities for students, employees, and applicants.