Bandit Bearings: Navigating Your Future
August 12th or 16th, 2016
8:30am - 2:30pm
Bandit Bearings Orientation is REQUIRED for all first-time entering freshmen, transfer students, and re-admitted students who have not been enrolled at UACCB in the last three years and are enrolled in six or more semester credit hours at UACCB.
*Students who have otained 45 or more transferrable hours, are currently concurrent or dually-enrolled high school students, Lyon COPS students, visiting students or have been accepted into programs in which orientation is included are not required to attend orientation or take the one-hour course.
Bandit Bearings Orientation is free. Students not attending an orientation session will automatically be enrolled in an orientation class and will be required to pay tuition and fees for the course.
Bandit Bearings is a one-day event that will introduce students to each other and to the faculty and staff on campus along with information to help students begin the journey at UACCB. A meal will be provided and students will be eligible for a $250 scholarship drawing!
Students will check in for orientation in Independence Hall. Each orientation day will begin promptly at the time stated. Please allow plenty of time to arrive on campus. Students who are late will be asked to come to the next orientation date or will be enrolled in the one-hour course.
Students should wear comfortable clothes and shoes and should bring an umbrella in case of rain. Orientation will be held at different locations across campus, and walking will be required.
Bandit Bearings Orientation is centered around each individual student's upcoming experience at UACCB, so we respectfully request that guests do not accompany students (parents, children, friends).
Students should sign up for an orientation date by either calling 870-612-2160 or emailing email@example.com.
Session Topics for the day will include:
- Bandit Basics will introduce students to the departments on campus, give information about where students should go in different situations, highlight important dates, and give tips to being a successful college student at UACCB.
- Campus Connections will familiarize students with the technology on campus: myUACCB, the campus network, student email, Blackboard, and Alert Express. Students will be in a computer lab and will learn to navigate each program.
- In Bandit Buck$, representatives from the Financial Aid office and the Business office will speak to students regarding options available for paying for college and important dates for payments and refunds.
- The Organization Fair will have all of the student clubs and organizations represented for students to gather information for opportunities to be involved on campus. Many of the Student Affairs offices will also be available to answer questions as to what each office does and how they can help students.
- In Bandit Success students will become familiar with Student Planning and will hear from the Advisiing Center staff about what it takes to be successful in college. Also, Blackboard will be explained so that sutdents will know how to access online resources for both online and on-campus classes.
For any questions regarding orientation, please contact Katrina Farris, Coordinator of Orientation, at 870-612-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.